Tourmaline var. Elbaite (Verdelite) from Brazil. This one was hard to photograph in anything but natural light, so here we are! I love that it has an itsy-bitsy honey-gold cap at the very top.
check out my Etsy shop, where you can find all of these pendants and more! check the shop announcement for coupon codes :) please don’t delete this text, I worked very hard on these pieces. thank you.
The mineral fluorite at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
[images: photos of purple or purple-reddish fluorite crystal minerals that seem cubic in nature. The first photo is a shot of a glassed in exhibit which contains calcite as well as aforementioned fluorite]
Husband’s yowah opal, which is going to be set into a necklace soon (to match mine). This one is interesting because the vein goes completely through the cab, making it possible to back-light it. Whenever I do this, it turns the light a yellow-orange.
Wulfenite - San Francisco Mine, Sonora, Mexico
Pyromorphite that comes to us all the way from China. If you could crystallize a granny smith apple and sprinkle it onto something, this is what it would look like.
Benitoite with neptunite from San Benito County, California. This mineral is one of the ones that got Husband interested in mineral collecting in the first place, and I can understand why. There’s something soothing about that gorgeous blue, especially next to that black.
Most who know me know that beryl is probably my favourite mineral on the planet (enough to get it tattooed on my body). And while I’m more partial to an oceany aquamarine, I will never say no to a beautiful bixbite*- also known simply as red beryl, red emerald, or sometimes raspberyl, which is hilarious. It’s a lovely, fully-terminated crystal from the Violet Claims in Utah, with a teeny baby crystal on the underside. To put it in scale, the stand that you see in the third picture is 1x1 inches.
*not to be confused with bixbyite, which was named after the same guy (Maynard Bixby) but is a different mineral altogether. Bixbite is actually not considered the official name anymore because of the confusion.
Surprise! Here’s a little giveaway :) It’s not much, but once my Etsy reaches 500 sales, I’ll be doing my biggest giveaway yet.. I expect this to happen in 2 months or so! In this giveaway, however, this is what the winner will receive:
- A kyanite pendant (the crystal has been polished and repaired but it still looks lovely!)
- A clear Tibetan quartz pendant
- An amethyst pendant (a best seller in my shop!)
- 2 amethyst crystals from Brazil
- 2 tumbled amethysts
- A chunk of tektite from Vietnam (naturally occurring glass that is believed to have come to Earth from meteorite impacts long ago)
- Please check out my Etsy shop. (A big update is coming mid August, there is currently a clearance sale going on)
- Please follow my blog so you can get updates on the giveaway (in case something changes)
- DO NOT TAG THIS POST AS GIVEAWAY please do not do this, it increases the chances that this post will be deleted and then the giveaway will be cancelled.
- Be respectful of me and my rules
- You have until Wednesday, August 6th to enter
- Reblogs and likes count as entries, sometimes more than one reblog is counted, sometimes not, it depends on tumblr
- I will ship anywhere
- It will end Wednesday, August 6th at 8 pm, PDT
- Winner will be chosen via random number generator (each entry will be assign with a number)
- Again, please be respectful, and have fun!